If you are a public or private educational institution, a political organisation or an association in the field of education: with your institution you offer more than just knowledge transfer; you are an immanent part of our culture. We follow this broad understanding of education and consider your field of activity from different angles.
At the relational level, education represents a mediation process between teachers and an individual or a group of learners. The transfer of knowledge and skills (competences) often leads to formal qualifications (degrees, certificates). By applying the competences the learner extends his/her qualification by practical knowledge (non-formal qualification). In this context, we work with areas such as lifelong learning or the certification of qualifications.
This mediation process can take place in different structures, in formal and informal contexts. These include kindergartens, various types of schools, vocational schools and academies as well as training companies, universities, universities of applied sciences and providers of adult education. Due to our broad understanding of evaluation, we also include services from private organisations such as associations, support groups, or foundations.
Education is also shaped by the relationships between different social actors, i.e. by the interplay between the state, public and private educational institutions and individuals. Laws and regulations of the national and state governments as well as educational programmes and services at governmental or intergovernmental level represent a further aspect of engagement in this field of activity.
The possible services and evaluation objects in this field are as diverse as the different facets of education. These include, for example:
- courses and seminars
- educational offers and concepts (e.g. school projects, study-related training courses, advanced training)
- educational institutions (e.g. libraries, language learning centres, etc.)
- context, structural integration and promotion of education, science and research (organisational evaluation, reviews etc.)
- political measures and programmes as well as their successes and impacts (policy evaluations
- the importance of education for individuals, social groups and society as a whole (e.g. alumni or follow-up surveys, impact studies)
- decisions and actions of learners/individuals in educational processes
evalux offers you evaluations and investigations as well as consultancy and process support on the listed items.